Saturday, February 6, 2016

Where the sun bathes






He is tall and handsome, his branches quiver in the wind. Towards the sun, that's where he's headed.

***
Have I shown you this place? If you crawl underneath and hide in the shade you can watch the sun bathe, this is where she comes, every single day, sometimes wrapped in a cloud, sometimes bare.

***
I tried to climb a tree, to see further out to the future, but was faced with the inevitable: couldn't see the forest from the trees as the trees kept introducing themselves, one by one, with their first names and favourite shades of sunshine.

***
There is a line on the coast, to follow, it is where I walk. My thoughts are running ahead, their giggles echo in the wind, they like it there, in the future. I try to catch up but I am held back by my own weight and gravity. "Wait for me, future, I'm coming -I'm on my way!"

***
I believe in fairies, I always have.

No comments:

Post a Comment